Born of humble beginnings as a garden variety 1988 Volkswagen Vanagon GL...
...coated from top to bottom with super-rugged Monstaliner...
...powered by a practically-new Ford Zetec engine, thanks to the amazing DIY kit and support offered by Bostig...
...capped with an upstairs providing almost seven glorious feet of headroom...
...along with 255 watts of flexible solar panels to power the interior appliances...
Engine and Exterior Specs:
- Ford Zetec engine from a salvaged 2003 Ford Focus
- Exterior paint job using Monstaliner tinted truck bed liner
- Front and rear GoWesty steel bumpers
- 15" Mefro Steel wheels
- BF Goodrich A/T tires (215/75r15)
- GoWesty lift springs
- Bilstein HD shocks
Solar and 12 Volt System Specs:
- 255 watt flexible solar array
- 258 amp hour 8D Sun Xtender battery (very heavy!)
- Morningstar Tristar 45 PWM solar charge controller
- 1500 watt Samlex pure sine wave inverter
- Bogart Engineering TriMetric battery monitor
- 25 gallon fresh water tank
- ShurFlo Whisper King water pump
- SMEV propane cooktop
- Truckfridge.com TF65 AC/DC refrigerator
- Propex HS2211 heater
- 11 lb. propane cylinder
- All LED interior lighting
- Cleanwaste PETT toilet
- Total blackout shades to provide stealth-camping capabilities