Most of my Bostig engine conversion kit arrived here on Friday:
The few remaining boxes should arrive tomorrow, but in the meantime, I was able to make a little bit of progress on the conversion today. Behold the sexy new adapter plate in position:
Mind you, I still haven't finished putting the van back together yet, but it looks like another week or so will pass before I do. You see, in addition to that boneheaded missed spot I wrote about a few days ago, I've since noticed a few other areas on the body that my second coat could have done a better job of, well, coating.
Anything worth doing is worth doing right, so I've decided to put down one more good solid coat of Monstaliner before calling the exterior done, and since it will take a week or so for the new batch of textured goodness to arrive, I'll be tabling that end of things in the meantime and getting into the engine conversion.
I'm not wild about starting a new project without first finishing the previous one, but I also don't want to sit on my thumbs doing nothing all week while waiting for the Monstaliner shipment to arrive. So it goes.